Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Carpet and Crib

This weekend was another super-busy, go-go-go, get-as-much-done-as-humanely-possible kind of weekend.

On Friday... well, we went out for some pizza and then came home and crashed early. But we needed that to prepare us for the next two days!

On Saturday, we finally did it. We've been wanting to do it for YEARS. And the baby was the motivation we needed to finally get it done: new carpeting in both bedrooms. We now have something I feel comfortable having baby crawl all over. Here's the stuff we couldn't wait to get rid of, all stained up and many years past its prime:


And the stuff we love (it feels like walking on a cloud!):


Mike stayed at home with the carpet installers while I ran a million errands, including shopping for some more maternity clothes. I found some cute stuff: two shirts and a dress, but I will be darned if I can find maternity pants that fit me. I've got two pairs now: a pair of black pants for work, which I'm wearing a lot now, and a pair of jean capris that I haven't busted out yet. But I need-need-need some more work pants, and I just cannot find anything that fits me right.

At this rate, I might be wearing dresses and skirts all summer, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I had high hopes that Motherhood Maternity's pants would fit me, but nope. They all look too baggy/slouchy. Not exactly professional, you know? So far, one specific Target line seems to be all that really fits me, but since that line doesn't have a ton of options, I'm pretty stuck. Maybe as I put on more weight, I'll start to find some more options. Until then, my tummy sleeve and I are best friends.

Anyway, Mike and I spent the rest of the day moving furniture back into the bedrooms and grocery shopping (do we know how to party or what?).

Then on Sunday, I got in a workout while Mike ran a bunch of errands. We scarfed down some lunch and then headed out to buy this:
Ours actually looks slightly different from that (the sides are the same height on ours, not slightly higher on one side... and I don't think it has wheels), but you get the idea. I've looked at a LOT of cribs, done a LOT of research, and we're really happy with the one we ended up with.

It's made by a company with a history of good safety and customer satisfaction reviews. It's sturdy, but it's not too huge and overwhelming like a lot of cribs can be nowadays. And I like the classic, simple look of it.

They didn't have it in stock at Babies R Us, so we ordered it and should get it in a week or two (I'll be sure to post pictures of Mike putting it together, heehee). I think once we put a crib in the "den," it will finally feel like it has made the transition to "nursery."

We also made a stop at Staples to buy some plastic file storage containers. We've had piles of file folders strewn about since we took our desk away, and we finally figured out a new system (and a new place to sort of hide them from view).

By the end of the weekend, I had used every last bit of energy I had and was hardly able to get up from the couch for a glass of water. But we got a LOT done, so I think it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment