Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wanna bet?

Mike and I like to place bets. Usually, we bet on who will most accurately fill out their NCAA Tournament bracket. But this time, we're betting on when our little Rhino will arrive.

The winner won't actually get anything except bragging rights. We're horribly uncreative and can't think of anything we really want to win. We both just want to be right, I spose.

I decided on a date, and then told Mike to pick his. He asked what my date was, but I refused to give it up until he had decided on his own. He pondered it for a few minutes and then revealed his guess: Sept. 3.

My guess? Sept. 2.

Hmm. Guess we're sort of on the same wavelength with this one. We agreed that if the little guy arrives on or before Sept. 2, I win. Sept. 3 or later and Dad wins. Of course, that means that Mike has a much better shot at winning, since first pregnancies tend to go right up to the full 40 weeks -- or longer, God forbid. But he's riding pretty low these days, and I just sort of have a feeling that he'll come a bit early, so I'm feeling good about my pick.

Of course, the last time I had a strong feeling, I was convinced Ryan was a girl. So there's that to consider.

There is still a week left to take the poll (on the right side of the blog) on when you think he'll be born! If your exact guess isn't a poll option, feel free to leave your guess in the comments section below. Winner gets...

*drumroll*

... bragging rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment