Wednesday, July 28, 2010

He is our sunshine

"You are my sunshine" is a pretty classic lullaby and one that everyone knows. My mom-in-law sang it to Mike and Erica... my mom sang it to Dave and I... and Mike has already started singing it to the Rhino from time to time. So when I came across this on a blog, I knew we had to have one.

We hemmed and hawed over what color to get, but finally decided on the light blue. It arrived last week, and I promptly went up to Michael's to find a dark wood frame for it (to match the furniture in the little guy's room). We hung it up on the wall right by the door, above the cute little cars/trucks light switch:

After Mike hung it up, we stood and looked at it for a minute, and Mike declared, "He is our sunshine!"

We haven't even met him yet, but it's already true.

4 comments:

  1. awww! so sweet! i sing that to the kiddos too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't be long before you transition from cute lullabys to theme songs from Wubbzy and SpongeBob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the necessary dances that go along with singing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you guys did this!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete