Today was my first (sort of) Mother's Day! It's a little surreal to get cards and have people tell me Happy Mother's Day. I guess I'm not really a mom yet, but I am lugging a little boy around everywhere I go, so I'm well on my way.
I'd say it's been a good first Mother's Day. I got several thoughtful cards (including one from Mike that made me cry):
And my awesome hubby made me a great breakfast:
Ok, then we went grocery shopping. Booooooo. But it was necessary, cuz this pregnant lady needs to eat. Regularly.
Ooooooh, and later, we're going out for ice cream. :)

Sorry about not sending you a card, but I have a superstition about sending out cards like that when you're not ACTUALLY a mom yet. Like, me sending out the card will cause something bad to happen to Ryan. Of course, my explanation is probably now making you think about that, so I suppose I'll shut up now.
ReplyDelete^this coming from the man who makes fun of me for saying similar things.
ReplyDeleteTo make you feel better, you got more cards than me ( i got ONE, made by Cara ), so i guess mom-to-be outranks mom of 3! Glad you had a good day!!! <3 :)~
Obviously, I know me sending or not sending a card won't affect him in any way. I'm not mental. It's just a weird superstition.
ReplyDeleteBradder, I'm the same way. I always wait a long time before sending the "congrats on getting pregnant" cards cuz I'm always afraid that once I send it, something will happen to the baby. That neurosis must be in our genes.
ReplyDeleteAnd Seester -- a homemade card sounds awesome! I bet it was adorable. :)
it was :)
ReplyDeleteI had no cards. I think you get more when you are preggers than when you actually have to physically give your child(ren) meals, while they sit pretty in a chair :)
ReplyDelete