I asked Mike last night if he'd like to read to the baby. He looked at me with a slightly confused expression, and I explained that since the little guy can hear us now, we could start reading or singing to him to get him used to the sound of our voices. Some parents-to-be even pick one book or song and read/sing it over and over. Then, once the baby is born and gets a little fussy, they read or sing that same book/song and it soothes the baby because it reminds him of being in the womb.I should have known Mike would choose to sing. He got up close to my belly and belted out "You Are My Sunshine." Twice. Right at the end of the second song, Ryan gave me a swift kick/punch to the center of my stomach. I think he liked it. :)

*tear*
ReplyDelete:D
Oh my goodness!! Lynni used to sing that song to us allll the time when we were little. He's keeping the tradition alive. :) You gotta tell Momma Walbert that story -- she'll love it!
ReplyDeleteawww! :*) He is going to be a great daddy!
ReplyDelete